Saturday, June 8, 2013

17th Annual Stroll for Strong Kids & 5K Run


Last Saturday, June 1st, we participated in the annual Stroll for Strong Kids & 5K Run to benefit Golisano Children's Hospital in memory of our beautiful angel Lauren. Team Lauren's Legacy raised over $23,500 for the Child Life Department, the top fundraising team two years in a row!

This event helps turn a difficult weekend for us into a positive one, filled with the love and support of family and friends. It was that weekend two years ago that we got that terrible phone call, pulled a sleeping Lauren from her bed, and rushed her to Golisano Children's Hospital, where she was diagnosed with leukemia. You can read more about Lauren's story HERE.

We miss our princess every moment of every day. I can't believe it is coming up on two years since I've held my little girl. I know she is safe and I feel her around me often. One day we'll be reunited. Until then, I can only turn this pain into a meaningful legacy for Lauren.

XXOO

Eleanor


Hello Kitty led the way for the stroll.


Team Lauren's Legacy Bryan Kent came in 3rd place overall in the 5K!



Little brother.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...