Monday, May 27, 2013

DIY Patriotic Wreath





Happy Memorial Day! How are you marking this important holiday and the unofficial start of summer? We'll be finishing up some outdoor projects and heading over to my parent's house for a little BBQ later today.

Earlier this week I started prepping my front porch decor for the holiday. A new addition this year is this wreath made out of tiny flag pics from Oriental Trading. The pics come 144 pieces to a box for $3.50. It took me about three and a half boxes to complete this project.


I started out with a floral foam ring from my local craft store. Then, you just find a good movie, sit, and press the flags in until the wreath is completely full and there is none of the ring showing.



I decided to mount mine to a grapevine wreath and hang on my antique sled that is still occupying a corner of my porch from winter. The hubby has been nagging me to put it away for the season, but I just love the way it looks on the porch. So until I find something else...it's stayin'...just sayin'.


Happy Memorial Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...