Wednesday, May 8, 2013

DIY Nautical Wreath



Cruising through the Pottery Barn Kids catalog I came across this super cute nautical wreath used to stage a room...


I thought...I can make that! And it would look oh so cute on Logan's bedroom door : ) I found a wreath form for $3.99 at Hobby Lobby (otherwise known as my home planet) and used a 40% off coupon to snag it for $1.60 and my dad gave me some old rope that he thought was about 50 years old. Woot-woot!! Let the crafting begin!!


First, I wrapped the end of the rope around the form once and secured it with hot glue.


Next, it was a beautiful day outside, so I just sat on the deck and wrapped, and wrapped, and wrapped the rope around the form.


Once I was done wrapping, I tucked the end in to the underside and secured it with a bead of hot glue.


I used the excess rope to create a loop to hang it by knotting it on to the top in two spots and then using hot glue to secure the ends of the rope behind the knots.


Voila! A super easy, super cute, nautical rope wreath for on my little man's bedroom door for only $1.60 and about an hour of my time. To see more of his nautical themed bedroom, see my post HERE.


Later : )

Homespun Happenings

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! Thank you for linking this up at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! I just hung a sign using striped boat rope... I bet I could do something similar to what you have done with your rope on this wreath. It looks fabulous!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!

    Nautical


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...