Ahhh, spring is in the air...and that gets me in the mood to do a little spring cleaning. Yes, I know I'm crazy like that. Honestly, I can't wait to get outside to clean my windows. Yes, you read correctly. Clean my windows. Again, I know I'm crazy like that.
I've put together my annual Spring Cleaning Guide. I hope it inspires (and guides) you : )
All Over Tasks...
- Dust baseboards
- Dust ceiling corners (ya know, where all those spider webs like to hide)
- Vacuum and/or rinse lamp shades and fixture globes
- Dust ceiling fan blades
- Touch up any scuffed paint (or Magic Eraser!)
- Vacuum window treatments and wash blinds
- Clean windowsills
- Clean interior windows
- Clean window screens
- Scrub (yes, hands and knees) your linoleum with a vinegar/water mix
- Clean the grout in your tile (I hate to say it, but a toothbrush works best)
- Shampoo carpet (you can rent a carpet cleaner at most home improvement stores)
- Vacuum outside of air vent grates
- Replace furnace filter (this should really be done every six months if you run central air)
- Clean garbage cans
Kitchen Specific Tasks...
- Clean oven (I hope you have self clean)
- Clean hood vent by soaking in a pot of boiling water with 1/2 cup baking soda
- Wipe down cabinet doors and shelves
Bathroom Specific Tasks...
- Clean or replace shower curtain liner and wash fabric curtain
- Re-caulk and seal where needed
- Clean shower caddy
- Draino drains
- Wipe out and declutter cabinets and drawers
- Clean shower head by soaking in a plastic bag with vinegar wrapped around the shower head
Laundry Room Specific Tasks...
- Clean dryer vents
- Clean washing machine (I know that sounds redundant)... for front-loaders, see my post HERE
Bedroom Specific Task...
- Flip, vacuum and rotate your mattress
Outdoor Checklist for Hubby...
- Power wash siding
- Clean and stain deck if needed (you should stain your deck every 2-3 years depending on exposure)
- Touch up any paint needed
- Clean out garage
- Check and clean gutters
- Clean grill
- Wash and/or polish outdoor light fixtures and mailbox
- Trim trees and shrubbery
- Wash exterior windows
- Clean patio furniture
- Wash and wax car exteriors, vacuum and wipe down interiors