Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring Cleaning Guide


Ahhh, spring is in the air...and that gets me in the mood to do a little spring cleaning. Yes, I know I'm crazy like that. Honestly, I can't wait to get outside to clean my windows. Yes, you read correctly. Clean my windows. Again, I know I'm crazy like that.

I've put together my annual Spring Cleaning Guide. I hope it inspires (and guides) you : ) 

Happy cleaning!

All Over Tasks...
  • Dust baseboards
  • Dust ceiling corners (ya know, where all those spider webs like to hide)
  • Vacuum and/or rinse lamp shades and fixture globes
  • Dust ceiling fan blades
  • Touch up any scuffed paint (or Magic Eraser!)
  • Vacuum window treatments and wash blinds
  • Clean windowsills
  • Clean interior windows
  • Clean window screens
  • Scrub (yes, hands and knees) your linoleum with a vinegar/water mix
  • Clean the grout in your tile (I hate to say it, but a toothbrush works best)
  • Shampoo carpet (you can rent a carpet cleaner at most home improvement stores)
  • Vacuum outside of air vent grates
  • Replace furnace filter (this should really be done every six months if you run central air)
  • Clean garbage cans 

Kitchen Specific Tasks...
  • Clean oven (I hope you have self clean)
  • Clean hood vent by soaking in a pot of boiling water with 1/2 cup baking soda
  • Wipe down cabinet doors and shelves

Bathroom Specific Tasks...
  • Clean or replace shower curtain liner and wash fabric curtain
  • Re-caulk and seal where needed
  • Clean shower caddy
  • Draino drains
  • Wipe out and declutter cabinets and drawers
  • Clean shower head by soaking in a plastic bag with vinegar wrapped around the shower head

Laundry Room Specific Tasks...
  • Clean dryer vents
  • Clean washing machine (I know that sounds redundant)... for front-loaders, see my post HERE

Bedroom Specific Task...
  • Flip, vacuum and rotate your mattress

Outdoor Checklist for Hubby...

  • Power wash siding
  • Clean and stain deck if needed (you should stain your deck every 2-3 years depending on exposure)
  • Touch up any paint needed
  • Clean out garage
  • Check and clean gutters
  • Clean grill
  • Wash and/or polish outdoor light fixtures and mailbox
  • Trim trees and shrubbery
  • Wash exterior windows
  • Clean patio furniture
  • Mulch
  • Wash and wax car exteriors, vacuum and wipe down interiors

1 comment:

  1. While most people focus on cleaning the house's interior, it's equally essential to clean and maintain the outdoor spaces like the decks. Ensuring that it's clean will assure you that your deck will serve you for a longer time. Staining it is an option since you can go for paint, but power washing the dirt and mold off is a must . Thank you for sharing your list with us!
    Renew Crew

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...