Sunday, February 17, 2013

Kitchen Mini-Makeover



It's amazing what new granite countertops and a travertine backsplash can do! Our kitchen wasn't horrible, it just needed a refresher. We painted it (and everything else in the house for that matter) when we moved in, and we like our cabinets. They are in pretty good condition and have nice slide out shelves. But the tired laminate countertops and dated backsplash had to go. We'd still like to get new valences for above the window and slider and some new hardware for the cabinets...but baby steps.


I'm most excited about the mosaic behind the stove. It really adds a custom touch to the kitchen. I love the way it turned out!


We also replaced the almond colored outlets and face plates with new bright white. We've been doing this throughout the house room by room since we moved in and the kitchen was the "last frontier". It's amazing the difference something so small can make. Like my rooster platter? I'm slightly obsessed with roosters in my kitchen. They're tucked in everywhere...


And of course the matching plates that go with my platter : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...