Friday, December 28, 2012

Love Your Laundry Room: Decorating & Storage


If your anything like me, you spend a lot of time in your laundry room...washing, folding, ironing...rinse and repeat.

Your laundry room doesn't have to be a black hole. An area of shame in your house you'd rather not visit or the first door slammed shut when company arrives. Make it functional and fun! Show your laundry room some love.

First, storage! The cabinets above my washer and dryer provide a plethora of storage. These can be picked up at almost any home improvement store for under $100.


The laundry bin is tucked away under the counter for daily presorting of laundry and baskets above provide additional storage for laundry room essentials.


The ironing board has been hung behind the door using an "over the door" hook to keep it convenient and tucked out of site.


Next, add your own personal touch! I've been collecting vintage household accessories to add a little character to my laundry room. 


I love these wood sock drying forms. I found them last summer at an antique store in Westport, ON Canada near our cottage.


My dad gave me the washing board above and the sad iron below. Why are they called "sad" irons? In Old English, sad meant heavy....hence a "sad" iron. Learn something new every day!


I also keep my collection of Cat's Meow Village wood collectables perched on top of the window and door frames.


Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...