Friday, December 7, 2012

Deck the Halls: The Foyer


Ahhh..the foyer. First impressions are everything. 


Our foyer is small, but TALL. I used to wrap garland around the bannisters and then decorate the ends with a swag of greens, pine cones, and berries. That's a no-go now. Since we had the railings painted black last year I'm afraid of messing them up. So wrapping anything that consists of wire and prickly"needles" is not going to happen. 


Instead, I decided to drape the garland this year. Tying it off with ribbon and bows in the corners. Here's a close-up of the bows...yes, I made them...very simple. I just visited my home planet...Hobby Lobby...and purchased three rolls of their 90 ft. ribbon (on sale 50% off for $4.99/roll...good deal!). One in red, one plaid, and one burlap...you know how much I love burlap : ) I was able to make seven bows for about $15...and aren't they pretty?

I keep my entry table pretty simple, just my Nutcracker, some greens and candles.


Some greens and cinnamon scented pine cones in the basket under the entry table look pretty and fill the area with the warm fragrance of cinnamon.


I hung ribbon on my closet door and pin Christmas cards to it using clothes pins for display. This is a new addition this year. In years past, I used to have a plate that sat on my foyer table where I would pile them. Thanks to my addiction, Pinterest, I found the ribbon on the door idea...LOVE IT : )



Last, but not least, even the door knob gets in on the act with some jingle bells. Andy loves these (sarcasm).

Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...