Thursday, November 8, 2012

Proud Make-Up Mom

Recently, my friend Jenny over at The Flower City Fashionista posted on her blog about "Makeup Moms". You know, those of us who refuse to leave the house without make-up and the perfect coordinating accessories.

I am a proud Make-Up Mom. Now, I will openly admit that there are days I sneak out of the house under the cover of a baseball cap (when my roots are in serious need of attention), or you may catch me in a sweatsuit (only Pink or Juicy will do, however) at the grocery store. But, most days I try to pull it all together. I wash my hair at night, which means I can generally be ready to go, shower, make-up and all, in about 20 minutes in the morning.

I don't want to embarrass my son, granted he is only two...but still. I know there will come a day, when he is a teenager, that he will be embarrassed by my presence no matter what I am wearing. I don't want Lauren pointing me out to her friends in Heaven, looking down, saying "Yeah, the one with the stained sweatpants and torn hoodie, that's my mom".

When I am laying around at home you can most definitely find me in PJs or sweats. But I have been trying to make a better effort to live up to my Make-Up Mom standards. I never want to be a contestant on What Not to Wear.

Here is what I wore today...


Layered Tanks: Target, Plaid Shirt: Target, Denim Jacket: Banana Republic, Infinity Scarf: Lord & Taylor, Jeans: J. Crew, Boots: Bandolino, Handbag: Louis Vuitton

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I'm a make-up mom too! And fellow blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! (as always) Thanks for linking up! Don't worry you are doing Lauren and Logan proud you hot mama you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...