Friday, November 9, 2012

Decorating for Thanksgiving

This year I am hosting Thanksgiving. And if you know me (or have been following my blog), you know I go all out decorating for ANY holiday or occasion. With Pinterest as my inspiration, armed with my glue gun, nothing can stop me! (insert evil laughter here)

The mantel is always one of the key spots for decorating for any holiday. Here's my Thanksgiving mantel...


For the "Give Thanks" banner I found this great blog HERE that has FREE printable letters for making banners. I just printed out the letters I needed for my banner on a heavyweight off-white paper, cut them out, and mounted them on brown and black construction paper. Using a hole punch, I punched holes through the top corners of each letter and strung them together using burlap string.

I LOVE making wreaths and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way this Indian corn sunburst wreath turned out. Here's a close-up...


The inspiration for my wreath came from HERE. It was pretty easy to make. The hard part was finding the Indian corn past Halloween believe it or not!

Next, I needed a centerpiece for my dining room table. I used my existing candle centerpiece and just tied some mini Indian corn around it using the burlap string. You can see my tutorial for the new-sew burlap table runner underneath it HERE.


I didn't want to clutter up the kitchen since it would be the hub of Thanksgiving activity and cooking, but I had to do SOMETHING in this all important room. So, I found this fabulously appropriate sign on the internet (just Google "Keep Calm and Gobble On" under images and a ton of options will pop up), printed it out on photo paper, stuck it in an 8x10 black frame I already had and added the mini gourd.


Thanksgiving, I'm ready for 'ya....bring it on!





1 comment:

  1. I love it! You're so creative... I need some of your creative juices over here lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...