Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ontario Mall Antiques

Last week I made a pilgrimage to Ontario Mall Antiques. Saying I love this place is a HUGE understatement. It's located on Route 332 between Farmington and Canandaigua and is the largest antique mall in New York State.


Although I prefer to go solo, I packed up Logan and brought him along because that was the only was I was gonna make it there. When I walked in the door, I made a b-line for the ever faithful bowl of animal crackers they keep stocked on their coffee bar. This keeps Logan happy in his stroller for about the time it takes me to browse half the store...then it's time to pay for my treasures and evacuate him.

When I say they have EVERYTHING there, I mean, they have EVERYTHING there! Antique toys, jewelery, furniture, glassware, china, kitchen items, etc, etc....knick knacks galore.

On this trip I picked up an old Revere tea pot and antique egg basket...



I am using the tea pot as a pot for simmering potpourri on my stove. It is decorative and makes my home smell AMAZING at the same time! Here is my recipe for simmering potpourri:

Simmering Potpourri
Fill a saucepan (or an antique tea pot looks prettier) with 3 cups of water and bring to a simmer. Add a couple tablespoons of all spice, a few cinnamon sticks, a teaspoon of whole cloves, a teaspoon of ground nutmeg, boil for a few minutes, then turn the heat down to simmer. If simmering for a long period of time, don't forget to top off with water occasionally, you don’t want the pot burning dry.


The egg basket I decided to use in my powder room to store toilet paper. Thank you Pinterest for the inspiration!

Ontario Mall Antiques is open daily from 10am-6pm. There next major sale is Veterans Day weekend, November 10th, 11th and 12th. 24% off every item over $10, 5% off items $10 or less, and 52% off all red lined items. The perfect time to go and score some great bargains! Happy Shopping : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...