Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Baby Boy Turns 2!?

Today is Logan's second birthday. Where has the time gone?! I remember the morning (or middle of the night) he was born. 4:20am, weighing in at 8 lbs. 10 oz.. I was four days overdue and SO uncomfortable. The morning of Saturday, October 9th, I begged my doctor to induce me, but the hospital wouldn't take me yet. Then finally, later that day, around 7pm, I finally started having regular contractions. After a lot of water drinking and walking laps around the house (with Andy and Lauren cheering me on), I called my doctor and she told us to come right in. We tucked Lauren into bed and told her we were going to the hospital, her baby brother was ready to come out.

 
Now, two years later, those memories are bittersweet. Lauren was so proud and excited to become a big sister.

 

After being up at the hospital all night and making sure Logan and I were comfortable in our room, Andy raced home to wake Lauren up and tell her her baby brother was here. He took her out to breakfast and to Wickham Farms for a little daddy/daughter time before bringing her to the hospital to meet her new baby brother.





I love this photo. It's probably one of my favorites. I keep it in a frame on my nightstand. I think it just shows how much she loved her baby brother. And how she will always be his guardian angel, watching over him from above.

Happy Birthday Logan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...