Friday, October 19, 2012

I Heart Halloween Decorating

To say I love decorating for Halloween is a HUGE understatement. I think I love decorating for Halloween just as much as I do decorating for Christmas. So now that Logan's birthday party decorations are cleaned up and tucked away, it was time to break me out some Halloween!

Now, my front porch decorating was already done in early September for Fall...


So for Halloween I added ghosts surrounding the crab apple tree in my front yard. I had been saving old white sheets all year with the intention of doing this. I bought some clear buckets at the dollar store, removed the handles, punched a hole in the bottom of the buckets, cut a small hole in the middle of the sheets, fed some twine through the holes, and hung them from the tree using the twine.


Next, it was time to move inside. First, the dining room. I bought some "cob webs" at Rite Aid for $1 and stretched them around the chandelier. Then added some cool little metal spiders hung on chains. These were bought at Pottery Barn years ago, as was the table runner.


Then came the foyer. More "cob webs" and cool little metal spiders on the mirror. The garland of fall leaves were part of my early September Fall decorating. I spray painted some small twigs with a black glossy spray paint and put them in my crystal vase. The black crows I picked up at Dollar Tree for $1/each along with the "creepy cloth" I'm using as a table swag. The mummy and Frankenstein candles are from my existing Halloween collection, bought at Restoration Hardware.


I picked up two sheets of black card stock at Dollar Tree for $.69/each and used a Martha Stewart template you can find HERE to cut them out and then hung them with fishing wire from the foyer chandelier.


Happy Halloween!








1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE LOVE it. i heat decorating for halloween too but yours is something I would see in better homes and gardens

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...